To initiate a Deceased Case, a document notifying us that a holder has passed is required.
If the deceased customer held only Prize Bonds and no other State Savings products then a letter notifying us of the holder's death along with the documents listed below should be sent to: State Savings, Prize Bonds, Fexco Centre, Killorglin, FREEPOST, Co. Kerry, V93 WN9T.
For all other holders a Notification of Death Form must be completed and returned to: State Savings, GPO, FREEPOST, Dublin 1, D01 F5P2.
This Notification of Death form is also available at your local Post Office.
Letter or Notification of Death Form should be returned with the following:
- Proof of Death: by supplying an original or certified copy of the Death Certification or Coroner's certificate
- Last Will & Testament: where there is a will available, the original or a certified copy of this document should be enclosed to verify who is/are the executor(s) of the estate.
- Any relevant Prize Bonds certificates, investment documents or account information available
- Grant of Representation: If available, enclose the original or certified copy.
- A sample of the Deceased's signature preferably from a Passport or Driving Licence
- Full details of all variations of names and addresses used by the Deceased at any time since the product purchase began.
On receipt of your documents, we will conduct a full search of our records based on the information you have supplied. We will respond in writing as soon as possible enclosing the relevant forms which should be completed and signed by the nearest living relevant (Next-of-Kin) or Legal Personal Representative(s) as declared in documents governing the estate.
For further details contact us by:
Mailing us at State Savings, GPO, FREEPOST, Dublin 1, D01 F5P2.
Emailing us at Service@StateSavings.ie
Phoning us at 1850 30 50 60 / 01 705 7200
Texting us at 0852 30 50 60