State Savings is the brand name used by the National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA) to describe the range of savings products offered by the NTMA to personal savers.
When you put money into State Savings you are placing your money directly with the Irish Government. All State Savings money is under the management of the NTMA. The repayment of all State Savings money is a direct, unconditional obligation of the Government of Ireland.
- There is no upper limit on the amount protected.
- There is no expiry or end date for this protection.
The main State Savings products are:
- 3 year Savings Bond
- 4 year National Solidarity Bond
- 5 year Saving Certificates
- 6 year Instalment savings
- 10 year National Solidarity Bond
- Deposit Account - Statement Based
- Deposit Account - Book Based
- Prize Bonds
State Savings products have no fees, sales commissions or transaction charges.